Are You a FSBO Seller?
If you own a home at the Jersey Shore and you are thinking of selling, you've most likely considered the path of selling on your own, also known as "For Sale by Owner" or "FSBO". While it may be appealing to think you are going to save on the agent commission, you'll quickly realize a few things:
- Selling a home on your own takes a lot of work and consumes a lot of time
- There are many legal pitfalls to consider and try to avoid
- Letting strangers into your home can be a scary proposition
- You will get much more exposure listing with an agent
- More exposure means more buyers and leads to higher selling prices
- Sales figures demonstrate that FSBOs sell for up to 26% lower than agent-assisted sales.
- You will more than cover the real estate commission and net more by listing with an agent! So, what's better... saving the 6% commission or achieving a 26% higher selling price while an agent handles all of the details?
Backed by the marketing muscle of RE/MAX, you have come to the right place if you are involved with the Jersey Shore real estate market. Please don't hesitate to contact us here or by calling/texting us directly at 908.912.4441. Our Realtor® credentials can be found on our official website - www.darren.realtor
On a personal note, we are dog-lovers and currently are parents to a rescued Jack Russell mix named Kingston. In keeping with this passion, we have been donating a portion of each real estate transaction to qualified dog rescue organizations. Two of our favorites are AustinPetsAlive and ThisIsHouston. You can learn more about our charitable causes here.